Mahoneys Beach is situated at the mouth of Antigonish Harbour along the Sunrise Trail, just 11 KM out of Antigonish on Route 337.
|Along the route are beautiful views of rolling farmland, dairy farms and some spectacular glimpses of the meandering Antigonish Harbour.|
|Mahoneys Beach is a relaxing sand and beach stone sand bar that you can walk along at low tide. Explore the lagoons and sandbar, the tide pools, and beach grasses and flowers.|
|I was lucky to see herons skimming along the coastline, wading in the tidal pools and fishing.|
|On a calm day people were enjoying kayaking along the coast line. The many coves and islets make it an interesting place to explore.|
Things to take
- Beach shoes for walking on rocks
- Hat, sun glasses, sun screen, long sleeve shirt
- Insect repellent
- Snack – or grab a sandwich or Salad from the Prissy Pig Café and Deli on your way out of town
- Head out of Antigonish past the hospital towards Cape George on Hwy 337 , along the Sunrise Trail approximately 11 KM. Turn right.
- Parking available. No lifeguards or beach services
Mahoney’s Beach – Aerial View Google